Yokohama Tire Corporation's Environmental Policy
December 30, 2011
• Address environmental concerns in its business activities consistent with the Yokohama Rubber Company’s environmental management strategy, Grand Design 100, by asserting world-class strengths in technologies for protecting the environment.
• Establish and strengthen the environmental management system, implementing preventive measures against pollution through continuous improvement, and applying the best technologically and economically feasible solutions.
• Comply with and abide by all applicable legal requirements, and other environmental requirements to which we subscribe.
• Conserve natural resources by implementing pollution prevention targets through waste reduction, recycling, and reuse contributing to the creation of a sustainable recycling society.
• Take action to combat global warming by ensuring responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
• Provide environmental information, education, and training programs to employees, as well as align with and contribute to the environmental welfare of stakeholders where practical.
• Strive for continual improvement of business processes, products and activities. Environmental objectives as set by the Environmental Management System will be monitored using measurable targets and reviewing progress annually.
President & CEO
Yokohama Tire Corporation