Yokohama Technical Breakthroughs Give You The Advantage
Truckers today need more miles, greater retreadability, longer even wear and less maintenance cost per mile from their tires.
Given the extreme demands of today's trucking industry, continuous innovation in tire technology is essential. New Yokohama technology helps truckers get more out of their tire investments.
Our new Zenvironment® concept proves that technology can simultaneously enhance performance while delivering superior fuel economy and durability. For our industry, this is a revolutionary concept. Through advanced, tread designs, compounds, casing construction and manufacturing processes, Zenvironment does more than reduce material consumption, waste and pollution. It can reduce your costs significantly.
Maintenance Saving Concept (MSC)
- MSC is the latest innovation in Yokohama technical leadership. This exciting concept brings together six unique design elements to make up a system of performance characteristics that significantly reduce tire maintenance time and costs, as well as truck downtime.
- Stress Control Ribs: Decrease pressure on rib edges to greatly reduce river wear.
- Stress Control Groove Shape: Works to reduce stone retention.
- Stress Control Groove Sipes: Work to reduce river wear.
- Stress Wear Control Groove: Redistributes the load on the outside rib to greatly reduce shoulder step down wear.
- Contoured Bead Shape: Allows the tire to seat evenly against the rim for extremely high uniformity levels around the entire circumference for better tire-to-rim fit, reduced friction, smoother ride and long, even wear.
- Ultra-Wide Top Belt: Increases rigidity across the entire tread surface to increase the effectiveness of the stress control elements to enable them to provide long, even wear
When MSC is incorporated into a Yokohama truck tire design, dramatic performance benefits result in longer life for both the original tread and for the casing. In addition, major improvements in fuel savings and driver comfort are realized.
StrainEnergy Minimization Technology Extends Casing Life
As a tire rotates under load, thousands and thousands of times, the demands on the casing steel and rubber compounds are incredibly stressful. This strain energy can take the life out of tires, prematurely. Built into our newest generation of radial truck tires, our STEM-2 technology brings you more durability than you've ever experienced.
STEM-2 redirects normally destructive straining and flexing forces to deliver extended performance to the life of every STEM-2 enhanced Yokohama steel radial tire.
To help explain this concept, consider the simple paper clip. The rapid bending of a paper clip is an exaggerated view of what the steel belts of a tire casing go through over the many miles of its life. Over time, the strain of stress loads, heat, road bumps and everyday operation can break down the strength of the steel and the rubber to reduce the life of the average casing.
But Yokohama's exclusive STEM-2 technology reinforces the casing to make it stand up to these strains, allowing multiple retreads, deeper tread depths and even wider treads. It all adds up to less maintenance costs and more miles for every tire dollar spent. It's just what today's truckers need.
Maximized Conservation Concept (MC2) For Fuel Savings And Heat Reduction
Yokohama leads the way in the development of new advancements in compounding technologies that now allow the tires to run longer, cooler and best of all, smoother for maximum fuel savings and reduced rolling resistance. The MC2 concept allows the modern trucker to save valuable tire resources, and to use them more efficiently.
Excessive heat will break down both steel and rubber, but MC2 reduces the effects of heat on the tread and on the casing.
Independent testing of identical Yokohama tires, one incorporating MC2 technology and the other with standard compounding, clearly illustrates the benefits of MC2. The identical tire with MC2 rolls 4% easier, resulting in appreciable fuel savings.