Standard Limited Warranty
For Replacement Truck/Bus Tires
This limited warranty/adjustment policy provides for tire replacement under certain specified conditions. This policy applies to tires used in normal highway service displaying warrantable conditions. Tires that become unserviceable or wear out because of neglect or mistreatment are excluded from Yokohama warranty coverage.
This warranty applies to every Yokohama truck/bus tire bearing the Yokohama brand name and complete D.O.T. serial identification number and operated in normal highway use in the United States. Eligible tires must be on the vehicle on which they were originally installed, in conformance with the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations. This warranty applies only to the original tire purchaser, and is not transferrable to any other party. Tires are covered by this warranty for the life of the original usable tread down to the tread depth indicators molded at 2/32" (1.6mm). The tread is worn out when those indicators are at the same level as the worn tread.
What is Not Warranted
Tires that have become unserviceable for the following reasons:
- Road hazard injuries or damage caused to the tire by obstacles and debris, such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears or impact breaks.
- Improper repairs or repairs that have failed.
- Improper inflation or other maintenance abuses.
- Improper application of tire size and/or specification.
- Mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, such as bent wheel assemblies, misalignment, worn or faulty components.
- Weather checking/cracking or failures resulting from these conditions on tires purchased more than four years (48 months) prior to a warranty claim. If proof of purchase is not provided, the D.O.T. serial number is used.
- Accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire or damage caused by nature.
- Use of aftermarket tire additives, such as fillers, sealants, balancing substances and external tire treatments or materials of any kind, where the added materials are the cause of a failure.
- Tires submitted for ride disturbance complaints after 2/32" (1.6mm) of treadwear.
- Tires on vehicles registered or operated outside of the United States.
- Tires not sold in the United States by Yokohama Tire Corporation.
- Tires branded by Yokohama to note special classification at time of purchase, such as "NA" (non-adjustable) or tires altered by notching or buffing.
- Improper storage.
What is Warranted
Tires that have become unserviceable for reasons other than stated above will be
replaced in accordance with this warranty.
No Charge Adjustment
A Yokohama tire accepted for warranty credit during the first 2/32" (1.6mm) of treadwear due to a ride disturbance complaint only, will be replaced on a no-charge basis. During this wear period, tires will be mounted and balanced free of charge. Federal Excise Tax (FET) will not be collected on a no-charge adjustment. Other service charges, such as tire rotation and wheel alignment are payable by the customer.
For all other warrantable conditions, a Yokohama tire will be replaced on a pro-rated basis. The customer will receive credit toward the purchase of the new tire by multiplying the percentage of the tread depth remaining by the dealer's current selling price of the new comparable Yokohama tire at the time of replacement service. The customer pays full Federal Excise Tax (FET) applicable to the comparable new Yokohama tire plus all mounting, balancing and other service charges.
Replacements qualifying under the warranty must be made by an authorized Yokohama dealer.
The customer must present the claim tire to an authorized Yokohama dealer in the United States.
Limitations and Exclusions
All implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of this written warranty. All obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use or any other incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives the customer legal rights that may vary from state to state. The customer is advised to determine those rights for his/her local area and exercise them as required or deemed appropriate.