Yokohama Tire Announces Size Expansions for the 124R™ and 714R™ Commercial Tires
SANTA ANA, CA. – (Feb. 5, 2024) – Yokohama Tire has announced size expansions for two of its commercial tires: the 124R™ and 714R.™ The tires will be on display in Yokohama’s TMC booth 3139, Mar. 4-7 in New Orleans.
The 124R, a long-last all-position radial tire designed to keep regional pick-up and delivery fleets moving all year long, has three new sizes: 225/70R19.5, 275/70R22.5 and 255/70R22.5, bringing the total number of sizes to 12. The all-season 124R also meets or exceeds the industry’s required performance criteria for severe snow service and carries the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol on the sidewall.
The 714R™, engineered for urban pick-up/delivery applications, is an open shoulder drive tire with one new size: 255/70R22.5, for a total of four sizes. It also carries the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol on the sidewall.
Benefits of the 124R include:
- Year-round traction: Deep sipes provide outstanding wet and snow braking, creating traction so powerful, the 124R carries the severe snow service designation. Additionally, four wavy circumferential grooves promote even wear and offer optimal traction in the wet and snow.
- Extended tread life: An extra-wide tread promotes better dispersal of contact pressure with the road to deliver longer tread life. Also, rigid shoulder ribs step-down wear and enhance driving stability.
- Rock solid: Rock shield platforms reduce stone and debris penetration for improved casing life, durability and retreadability.
124R carries a six-year unlimited retread casing warranty on all 17.5-inch and 19.5-inch sizes and a seven-year warranty on all 22.5-inch sizes.
“The 124R is built for lasting value,” said Tom Clauer, Yokohama’s senior manager of commercial product planning. “It delivers fleets a boost to their bottom line with longer original tread life and year-round performance.”
Clauer said, “The 714R features sturdy construction and outstanding fuel efficiency, making it the perfect addition to any pickup and delivery fleet. With its wide shoulder grooves, which provide outstanding wet and snow traction, you’ll never miss a stop."
Benefits of the 714R include:
- Outstanding traction: Open shoulder grooves provide excellent traction in wet or snow conditions.
- Long tread life: A newly designed wide tread pattern controls the ground contact pressure to deliver long, original tread life. Plus, tie-bar connectors control block movement to minimize heel/toe wear.
- Durable construction: Funnel-shaped step grooves prevent stones and other debris from reaching the bottom of the groove where casing damage can occur.
- Fuel-efficient operation: Yokohama’s advanced compound provides significantly lower rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency.
The 714R is backed by Yokohama’s seven-year unlimited retread casing warranty.
For more details on the 124R and 714R, and all of Yokohama’s commercial tires, visit www.yokohamatruck.com.
About Yokohama Tire Corporation
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing an extensive sales network throughout the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, and commercial truck and bus. For more information on Yokohama’s broad product line, www.yokohamatire.com and www.yokohamatruck.com.
Connect with Yokohama Tire Corporation:
Yokohama is a strong supporter of the tire care and safety guidelines established by the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Details can be found at the “Tires 101” section at www.yokohamatire.com.