FULLERTON, CA. – (July 11, 2013) – Yokohama Tire Corporation (YTC) has released a new version (v1.3) of its iPad app for the truck tire industry, the Yokohama Commercial Tire Navigator. It is available on iTunes for free download at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yokohama-commercial-tire-navigator/id542098953?mt=8.
The Yokohama Commercial Tire Navigator is designed to help fleet owners and truck operators learn which Yokohama tires are best for various applications and road conditions. It also contains useful tools to aid with maintaining optimum tire pressure and maximizing fuel savings.
“We launched Yokohama’s latest version of the app at the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show, where we received some great feedback from our customers,” said Alan Holtschneider, YTC senior manager, marketing communications. “Business users will find the app to be very easy to use, loaded with information and entertaining as well.”
Updates and features of the new v1.3 version include:
- YTC’s Inflation Pressure Calculator, a tire maintenance tool that recommends appropriate tire inflation levels to prevent tire damage and tire wear.
- Information and 360-degree tire photography on the new TY517™ ultra wide base drive tire and the new RY407™ ultra wide base trailer tire.
Additional features of the app include:
- A Fuel Savings Calculator, which compares Yokohama’s fuel-efficient tires against the competition.
- Information about YTC’s commercial tire line-up, with 360-degree tire photography, including the Zenvironment® line and the company’s EPA SmartWay-verified tires.
- SmartSolution®, Yokohama’s innovative communication platform that is divided into four value propositions: longevity, efficiency, availability and dependability.
- A dealer locator to help drivers find the closest Yokohama dealer while on the go.
“Tires are the third-largest expense for fleets, so we’re glad that our app can provide customers with tools and information to help them with their tire management,” said Holtschneider.
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing a network of more than 4,500 points of sale in the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, and off-the-road mining and construction applications. For more information on Yokohama’s extensive product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com.
Yokohama is a strong supporter of the tire care and safety guidelines established by the Rubber Manufacturers Association and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Details can be found at the “Tire Care & Safety” section at www.yokohamatire.com.