FULLERTON, CA – (March 25, 2014) – Yokohama Tire Corporation has added a new member to its winter tire line, the iceGUARD iG52c™, which is now available in the U.S. in 39 sizes for vehicles ranging from the Mercedes C Class to the Toyota Prius.
“The iceGUARD iG52c™ is extremely versatile for one of the most unpredictable seasons,” said Andrew Briggs, Yokohama director, marketing and product planning. “Our engineers developed a tread compound with aggressive grip and confident handling on both slick roads and dry pavement – so drivers can take on any winter condition.”
iceGUARD iG52c™ highlights include:
- Winter Weather Performance Triple-action compound adapts to different weather conditions with a unique carbon/silica construction that whisks away water from the road surface for aggressive grip
- High density compound High density molecular configuration combined with flexible polymer for a more stable tread block and longer, more even wear
- Greater stability Extra-wide center rib and large control blocks maximize road contact for greater stability in wet, dry and icy conditions.
- Wet traction Circumferential power grooves that evacuate water from beneath the tire to improve slush, snow and water drainage from the inside out
- Handling Triple 3D sipes enhance block rigidity for excellent stability on dry and wet surfaces while creating more biting edges for traction on snowy and icy roads.
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing a network of more than 4,500 points of sale in the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, and off-the-road mining and construction applications. For more information on Yokohama’s extensive product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com.
Yokohama is a strong supporter of the tire care and safety guidelines established by the Rubber Manufacturers Association and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Details can be found at the “Tire Care & Safety” section at www.yokohamatire.com.